Coming along nicely

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming along nicely

Well I finally started to paint my beautiful new coop, couldn’t decided between cornflower blue or sage green so bought them both.

Darling husband has made a start on the run so that’s coming along nicely now, as it’s fitting into a triangle space between the garage and the fence it’s going to be a bit tricky putting the roof on but I have every confidence in him I’m sure it will look great when he’s finished.

I'm intrigued, how's the run coming along. Got you chooks yet?
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hi terrier
      Work has had to stop on the run at the moment because of the weather but hopefully it will resume again this weekend.
      Front frame is built as is the framework for the gate all that is left is the supports for the roof and then we can start to get the inside of the run done.
      We’ve give are selves until the beginning of august to get everything done, as most of the work is being done around the weekends it gives us plenty of time to get it built right and make sure it’s secure.

Comment

Oh, both those colours are my favourites!. I thought you were going to say that, you started painting with one colour at one end and your husband the opposite end with the other colour and you met in the middle! Your work sounds lovely. My husband built me a walk in run for our 5 ex bats.....now spoilt brats for my birthday. They are really happy in there. Hope it keeps fine this weekend so that work can continue.

Comment

Well woke up this morning to rain so no work done on the run today but hopefully tomorrow will be at least a little bit dryer so work can resume fingers crossed.
          Have used sage green inside and cornflower blue outside the coop so it certainly won’t blend into the background.

Comment

Originally posted by spring lamb View Post
            Well woke up this morning to rain so no work done on the run today but hopefully tomorrow will be at least a little bit dryer so work can resume fingers crossed.
            Have used sage green inside and cornflower blue outside the coop so it certainly won’t blend into the background.
            You can't do painting with your fingers crosed. I know, because I've tried!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I mixed all my paint tins together which contained all colours under the sun got rid of all my half filled cans and the colour turned out a yucky brown but the chooks didn’t complain

Max.

Comment

Been at it again today, filled in every nook and cranny that I could find inside the coop to make it easier to clean and hopefully help against red mite, then it was out with the green paint again
                Darling husband has now made the supports for the roof so the runs now starting to take shape.
                Next jobs on my little list are: roof on floor inside run and then wiremesh. A womans work is never done!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X