Is this normal :) ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal :) ?

My dog keeps eating chicken poo makes me turn green and almost sick every time i see it .
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Probably, my dogs have had a taste of that, as well as cat poo out of the litter tray (while still kittens and not going out, me and himself each thought the other was emptying it till we caught Boo in the act), and I've caught them both picking up bits of horse poo too. Gross
    I don't let them come down the lottie now!!
    If you dog wants to give you a kiss, make sure he don't use his tongue!!!
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

I don't keep a dog but they will eat dog poo, fox poo, chicken poo, cat poo - any kind of poo. Pretty disgusting. One of the less endearing aspects of dogs.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Dogs eat poo from grass-eaters (especially horse, sheep or cow) with enthusiasm. One knowledgeable-sounding author reckoned it was a way of getting some of the vitamins and minerals which wouldn't be in meat. Not all of them will eat poo from other species, but some do. It is very off-putting, and makes worming somewhat more vital than would otherwise be the case.
        Dogs really are a bit disgusting (and I love my 2).
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

my dog eats the kittens poo out of the litter tray, so i've had to build a shelf for it ....... dogs are gross

Comment

not only does my dog eat poo he also rolls in it! he doesn't like the hosepipe afterwards though

he's a vile smelly hound - love him to bits though.

Comment

My dogs will eat rabbit,horse,cow,cat,chicken and if I'm not quick enough,occasionally each others....Ugh!!
              Some of them also roll in fox and badger dung and are mightily surprised if I yell at them.You will just have to worm them more often than usual and don't kiss them!!

Comment

Ditto to what Russell said. My foul doggie once slathered himself head to toe in fresh cow pie. It was awful and left grass stains all over the dog towels. YUK! I won't even take him on a walk without a leash in the pasture because there's no stopping him from eating stuff. The sneaky b*****d stashes turds in his cheeks to bring inside before the end of the walk.
                The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. -John Ruskin

http://wormsflowers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our little Guinness is too ladylike to do ANY of that stuff, SO THERE
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I found that adding more vegetables to my dogs' diets stopped them doing this.
                    Also, I think they roll in fox's as some kind of camoflage technique, so the foxes don't know they're there - doesn't help in stop them doing it though - sorry. Maybe they need head-to-tail overalls and wellie boots?
                    A closed mouth gathers no feet

Bad crop = it's the weather's fault, Good crop = Green fingers - Hmm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X