bonnyrigg, edinburgh useless chicken for free

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonnyrigg, edinburgh useless chicken for free

I have a black rock chuck in my posession. I cannot have freeloading chucks and this one is not currently laying and will be replaced. If no-one wants him by tomorrow, he will be tomorrow nights dinner. email me claytones@yahoo.com if your interested.

Hey cocky, bit strange your black rock isn't laying 'cos they re usually very reliable. How long has she not been laying? Any symptoms of illness? How old is she? My hens are off the lay at the moment too, I'm putting it down to the hot dry weather we've been having which they don't like. The last couple of day we've had much cooler damp weather, and eggs are straight back on the menu.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

If HE is not laying that might be a problem!!!!!
      I guess the weather doesnt help not being constant, give her/him a few days or check see if egg bound or just a little off colour

Comment

I'm guessing it's a she because male Black Rocks are next-to-unheard-of in private flocks!

Comment

She has laid eggs sporadically. She has laid 2 usable eggs in the last 6 weeks. She otherwise looks well in herself.

Comment

Have you checked her for lice? Maybe she's just feeling a bit off-colour, though Black Rock tend to be pretty hardy to ailments. Unsettled weather can often put them off - what's it been like with you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X