Building a henhouse/run

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I found this design for a mobile coop (link from Snadger) Portable Chicken Mini-coop Plan
    For a 'until we can make something better', you could use a tea chest (if you can get hold of one) inside this sort of run, for up to 3 birds. If you get a good strong, but not waterproof, box of some other kind (even a 'crate' with spaces will do), cover it in strong plastic sheet to keep the rain out, and it will serve for some time.
    It's rather the equivalent of people living in an old, but sound, static caravan. It won't last as long as the proper thing, and it is a bit basic, but it does the job for a while.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I am very impressed with your hen house Dave. Well done. Its given me more ideas. I'm still planing (I have been still planning for months now !) to build a chicken coop and get 3 chickens for the first time, for our small garden. I want to build a scaled down version of what you have done with a high roofed run. I had best keep it simple though. I've decided to scrap the portculis and turrets, get rid of the mullioned windows idea and just use Exterior ply and 2x2 (or is that a sore subject!)

Well done - brilliant. I'm very impressed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X