Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys needed N Wales

Hi all

I am looking for a boy or two to keep my girls in check. I'm in N Wales if anyone has some going spare, had been offered them before and turned them down, typical. I have a mixed bunch of girls - warrens, speckldies, marans, white star and 2 girls which we call blue eggers, dont know what they are but lovely eggs.

I have been made redundant and to be honest I'm not hunting for a job but thinking of spending more time on my small holding, so considering doing some home hatching. Hence the need for boys. I have been managed to get hold of a cheap incubator but this is all new to me so what should I consider / be aware of.

Any suggestions would also be welcome regarding chooks for meat. Has anyone done this? How did it go for you? If I breed some for meat can we kill them ourselves? What about vacination?

Sorry its been ages since I posted and now loads of questions. Veggies are comming on great will pop up some photos soon.

Looking forward to a summer in the garden:
    Bec
    ----------------------------------------------
    Am now happy - I can get out in the polytunnel again with the warmer weather.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X