To roof or not to roof?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To roof or not to roof?

The pen that I have made for the ex bats that we are getting on the 14 of june is 6ft high so do i need to put a roof on it?

I can put a wire roof on it if it needs it but I'm thinking of if/when we have snow so what do you lot think?

Thanks. Dave.

Hi there.
    I have a wire roof on mine, but find when weather is wet/in winter, my run gets very muddy (my girls don't free range on the allotment, or they would eat all the plants I have managed to keep alive) and I'm now looking at getting plastic roofing and possibly even some plastic around the bottom to stop it getting too wet and muddy. They have a tarp ove half the run, and while it keeps out some rain, its not quite enough.
    Also need roof to keep out Mr Fox, he cleaned me out last year, so learned that lesson the hard way!
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Do you think that the green net they use on scaffolding will do for a roof to there pen?

There will be a good house for them to be locked up in at bed time and some rain/sun shelter, but there are trees all around so we get a lot of leaf fall and thats what i'm thinking about as it will get caught on the roof.

Dave...

Comment

Mesh roof is also a good idea to keep wild birds out. BIRD FLU, ETC. Snow shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you're there most days, then just give it a shake and the snow will fall off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X