Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-battery chickens available in the Midlands

Hi all

I waited until the post about the 7000 ex-battery chicken rescue was out of date before I posted this so that Carly could get the maximum response.

We collected 3 more ex-batts on Saturday from Ian and Mollie Farrar who are the BHWT co-ordinators for the Warwickshire and West Midlands area. Ian told us that they're having a big rescue in June and will need to re-home 2000 girls. They did have a waiting list for the May rescue, but they did re-home 650+ on Saturday.

If you're in the West Midlands or Warwickshire area and can give a home to some of these, then go to the BHWT website Battery Hen Welfare Trust and look at the tag for "Adopt an ex-batt", "Contact your local rescue co-ordinator". Ian is the last on on the rescue list. I'm sure you'll find it

By the way, the 3 new girls we got on Saturday have settled in well, their wattles and combs are now pinking up instead of being the deathly white colour they had on Saturday. We're getting between 2 and 3 eggs a day from them too and they seem happy and contented

Maureen
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X