This might sounds silly but...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might sounds silly but...

Can you get noiceless cockrals you know the ones that don't Cock-a-do-dal-do! at 6 in the morning ? If so Also will different breeds mate ?
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Why do you want a cockerel at all? Are you intending to breed from him? They aren't necessary for just egg-production
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Why do you want a cockerel at all? Are you intending to breed from him? They aren't necessary for just egg-production
      When i used to breed ducks I did injoy raising them as a hobby, saying that At this moment in time im not going to with chickens but would like to know for future reference.
      Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Never heard of a silent Cockerel but yes a cockerel will look to mate with any hen in range - he ain't fussy!
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

No, sadly there are no noiseless cockerels in existence.

However, some are a lot worse than others, both in enthusiasm and volume! We had a succession of Silkie cockerels, who are a lot easier to live with than most. The only complaint we ever had was from a neighbour who mistakenly thought the terrible noise from a RIR one several doors down was coming from us.

If you can keep them shut in a reasonably solid house until a sensible hour, it shouldn't be too bad. I am rather enjoying not having a cockerel at the moment though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ~elizabeth~ View Post
            No, sadly there are no noiseless cockerels in existence.

However, some are a lot worse than others, both in enthusiasm and volume! We had a succession of Silkie cockerels, who are a lot easier to live with than most. The only complaint we ever had was from a neighbour who mistakenly thought the terrible noise from a RIR one several doors down was coming from us.

If you can keep them shut in a reasonably solid house until a sensible hour, it shouldn't be too bad. I am rather enjoying not having a cockerel at the moment though.

Thanks all for the info My minds made up now intill i move back to the countryside il not be getting one Its not that i mind the noice im up at 6:00 everyday anyway , it's just the Neighbours . Saying that If that kid next door keeps playing his bloody drums all day long Il get one............
            Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X