Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food amounts.

Hi,

I read on the Eglu site that Chooks should have 120gms daily. I want to check that this is each and or applies to growers pellets. I assumed my pellets would have amounts on packaging but they haven't. My Katie Thear book mysteriously disappeared somewhere in house the moment the hens arrived. I'm scared of over feeding but they've always had a little left over that I remove at night. The first day I estimated, last night I measured up and it looked loads??? They've had fresh grass too in the aternoons and weren't fussed on sweetcorn. Probably because it's new to them. Will try again another tme when they've been settled in longer.

Thanks
    Beth

You should feed the chickens just what they will eat in a day to save having surplus food lying in the run which will attrace vermin. Its a bit of trial and error but you will find out just how much they need.

Every so often I don't feed the chickens for one day so that they will scratch around and clear up all the leftovers.

f they haven't eaten all the layers pellets then don't give them any treats later in the day. If they don't eat their dinner then they don't get any pudding. Don't worry about over feeding them they will only eat as much as they need.
    Last edited by roitelet; 19-05-2008, 08:34 AM.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Food amounts cont.d

Hi
      Thanks, will remember the no food day thing too. I extended their run today and they were more active and did more scratchng. Will remember not to spoilt them too much either. Was har when run smaller, felt the need to enrich their day but now they're happier, so less treats and pellets first.

Beth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X