how many chicks ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many chicks ???

as above .. i was hoping for about 4 EX batts its about 100'' , 90 ,90 . they will only spend nights in there and fully free range day times . So can this fit 4 or more ?

This years crop: 15 may starting my free pallet chicken house
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

I think that the minimum space required for Chooks is 1ft of perch per bird and 1 sq metre of run per bird.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I was looking at the eglu site, their cube, which is a 1m wide house, comes with a 2m by 1m run, and they reckon you can house 6 birds in it. Seems a bit on the small side I'd think, but they say if you add another metre of run, you can add in 4 more birds.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
        I was looking at the eglu site, their cube, which is a 1m wide house, comes with a 2m by 1m run, and they reckon you can house 6 birds in it. Seems a bit on the small side I'd think, but they say if you add another metre of run, you can add in 4 more birds.
        sounds about right from what iv been reading 6 hens max for this . i think i can live with that Iv finished my pallet hen house today so just waiting to get my little ones now.

Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Looks good, I'm sure your girls will be happy in there.
          Ann
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X