safe food 4 chooks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safe food 4 chooks

we are about to get some chooks on our allotment & we have some re-shooting parsnips & salsify where the run is,is it safe for them to munch on the greenery?will this make them ill or worse will we have dead,fat chooks?
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

I think they'll eat almost anything, like guinea pigs. Here's a poultry thread about feeding: Practical Poultry Forum - Feeding
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

cheers!does that mean they eat anything bar what they should?!our g.pigs always turn their noses up at g.pig food,as soon as they hear you chopping veg that high pitch squeak starts,implying we've made them starve since the last handful of grass/carrots?! when we had the bantams were told it's best 2 save titbits & greenery til afternoon?is "proper"chicken food that horrible?

Comment

No it's not that horrid - but would you like to have your main food as an unidentifiable pellet every day?

They like a bit of variety, just as we do, and the occasional treat - just as we do
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I find that they eat what they like, and leave what does them harm. mine free range everywhere, so have to decide for themselves what is safe to eat, and none have got sick yet. We give a top up of layers pellets each day, but I think the crows eat more of them than the chickens. We do buy very cheap tins of sweetcorn from lidl to give them as a real treat every so often!!!
          http://365daysinthegarden2011.blogspot.com/

url]http://clairescraftandgarden.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

cheers 4 all advice.andi got the wire 4 fencing y'day &(if he ever gets up!?)we should be putting it up today,our 8th wed ann monday which found out is "bronze",so once their home is already will be purchasing some "bronze"hens!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X