Help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

can anyone help me my new chickens dont want to go to bed in their lovley new home!!!! i have 2 black rocks they are 16 weeks old

Have you put all food and water in the house and shut them in for 24 hours. I do this with any new ones of mine and leave food and water containers inside for a few days. They soon learn to put themselves away at night and then its just a case of shutting the door after I have counted little heads first!!

Comment

Hi Jonny

When our hens arrived we were advised to put a torch ight in the coop. We did and they went to bed no prob.

Tracey
      Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Thank you

Thanks i will try that, anything has got to better than catching them to put them to bed

Comment

When we changed an old coop for an eglu, my two hens didn't get it either. They wanted to perch on the recycling bins in the yard instead... so we just left them to it & once they were sleepy it was easy to pick them up & put them in. The next day they remembered & went to bed by themselves.
          "Excellently observed," answered Candide; "but let us cultivate our garden."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X