Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy idea??

But it might just work!

Having taken down an old shed for a neighbour I am trying to salvage bits that I can use else where but most bits are rotten,

Then I looked at the roof........ Taken off the felt cut away most of the wood.....Chicken run in the making

Lets hope it works.

Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    Just thinking about doing the same thing my self; have a 5x3' shed which I don't use any more, its in good nick so the plan is to convert it into a hen house. the idea is to divide it in half, with the half away from the door as the chook end but have the chook end only from only half way up from the floor so that when you come in the door on the end there is space under the chook half to put the feed in bins [I live in the sticks, I am worried about rats] and the cooks will have nest boxes on their end with a ramp for getting back to bed.................if it works I'd like to give them a window too, do they mind light coming in to thier home?

Minskey

Comment

Go for it!! Very satisfying building your own run etc - esp if you use mainly recycled junk! I made my own run and nest box out of whatever wood I could get my hands on - even an old pine slatted bed!
      Just make sure it is fox proof Tons of advice on this site about digging wire into ground, pegging down etc. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

After my fire disaster last year I had to build a house in a hurry and used a pallet, a couple of triangular ends off an old ark, some hinges and a pack of tongue and groove!
        It was rough (my woodworking skills are limited!) but it did the girls quite nicely until we got the shed for them.
        Please post pics of the finished article, you may give the rest of us inspiration!!
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X