One of my hens has started laying!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my hens has started laying!!!

I went to the run Saturday morning to find an egg! Perfect formed and it tasted great!

I have been monitoring them (yes, i really do have that much spare time) and it has been the same some laying for the past 4 days. I have had an egg everyday: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today. Hopefully i will have another tomorrow.

From what i have monitored, she nests at about 11am, lays her egg at about 11.15am and is out of the house by 11:30am to join the others for yet more food!

I now have to wait for my others to start laying and then i should have loads of eggs!
    All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
    For a cleaner, greener future!

Lovely .
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Thats great. It always gives me a real sense of wellbeing when I go down and find the eggs nestled cosily in the box.

I always praise my girls and tell them well done!!
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Hi
        You'll soon be wondering what to do with them and start collecting recipes that use 4+ eggs!
        My 3 have laid over 900 in the past year and although I've given a number away, I still can't believe how many eggs I've eaten when I hardly used to eat them "as eggs" at all.
        Still a big thrill though to go and collect the eggs
        Sue

Comment

That's FANTASTIC news!!!
          You must be so proud of her!!

( brown or white egg????)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It is exciting, isn't it! My youngest pullet started laying at the weekend, and it's just as much fun as the first time I got an egg from my own hens (though hers are only about 25g, as she's a little pekin bantam). Soon you'll have so many, you'll be giving them away (or selling them)

Comment

Jealous, jealous, jealous. It's still nearly two months until the hens finally arrive at Chez Bluemoon. I just can't wait for the day I find that first egg.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

she is a black rock so she is laying good brown eggs. the total count at the moment is 7 from saturday!! that is 1 a day!!!!!
                All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X