Hen antics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hen antics

2 weeks ago i was left with only the warren,i let her out free ranging,and took herself back in when ready,one nice sunny day,my help sat outside having lunch,when said hen jumped up on his knee and started to eat his cob,after a good laugh i got her down,she tried her luck with us next day,but now got the message,have seen dogs begging,but not a bloomig hen,last week i got 3 more,warren,black rock and a sussex,they were put straight into the set up,well,miss beeky opened up,she paced up and down,shouting,even when i let her out to free roam,they are settling in ok,the new warren is friends with beeky,and the other 2 stick together,like them and us,beeky does tend to chase them a little,i think they are just sorting out the pecking order,before they arrived beeky was very quiet and kept very close to her friend,i was looking at them when she had some fits and died,i was upset,but are now fine,thay have and will continue to make me and MR happy
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

^Chickens can be a hoot, can't they? I've had chickens try and snatch food from me too. I have to be careful making sure the chickens are shut in their compound for the night before feeding the dogs, because they'll try and snaffle biscuits from underneath the dogs' noses.

Comment

I've read so many blogs and books etc about what great characters chickens are....I cannot wait to get mine!
      If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Te he! I could spend hours watching mine.
        A few years ago we had a young male which hatched with a very badly twisted beak.
        We should have culled him but decided to hand feed him.
        We called him Twisty Beak
        Three times a day I let him out of the run , sat on a garden chair and waited.
        He'd jump straight onto my lap and I'd hand feed him until he was full.
        It's amazing how much they can get through!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

its great to hear of others,hen antics,they love strawberries,they like somat on somat,so funny,please keep em comming peeps
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

For anyone who hasn't read the How many chooks thread, here's my solo chook this morning, testing the dogs' tolerance while she ate their biscuits!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0804.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	2384233

Name:	100_0805.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2384234

Name:	100_0807.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	2384235

Comment

Nice to see the boys and well as Mrs.NewBrown VC!! How’s Bess doing?
              Last edited by Jay22; 21-06-2019, 04:58 PM. Reason: Changing we’ll to well
              sigpic

Comment

Bess is fine but in need of a haircut!!

Name:	100_0763.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	2384236

Comment

There is nothing like a chill out day is there?!! She looks great VC!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X