No announcement yet.

Courgette Pot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years ago, I had two courgettes in 10 and 15 litres pots and have quite a good crop from them.
    Last year I had two, one in a small pot maybe 10 litres and second in 40 litres potato bag. Both were pathetic, the smaller one snapped, I saved it but it got delayed, it produced two good courgettes and then succumbed to mildew. The other one in 40 litres bag only produced tiny finger like courgettes (hand pollinated), tens of them but really tiny. One was standard courgette and the other one patio star F1 (joke).
    I think it's better to do 4 plants in 10 litre pots (and water and feed a lot) than one in 40 litres. And you can also mix varieties to get better chances of succes.

Comment

Crumbs, there are some sad stories here.

What kind of overnight temps are you getting at the moment, Jane? And when would you expect your last frost to be?

As for pest damage, I get snails taking shelter in among my courgette plants, but they've never killed the plants off. Courgettes are too prickly and inhospitable, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X