Hot weather and young plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot weather and young plants

For those who have small plants, aka seedlings, around now and who may be going out over the next few days I'd advise putting your plants somewhere shady - either inside in a room or in a shed etc.

The unusually warm weather forecast and the BH mean that getting stuck somewhere if you go out or coming back later because of the good weather are all possibilities. Plants will manage if they are somewhere cool and not too sunny. If left in a bright sunny windowsill, they may be cooked by the time you return.

Doesn't and seem right to have a sunny BH in the UK -- never happened when I was a boy .... mutter, grumble

Happy gardening. :-)

Its been beautiful here today. I've got all my plants in greenhouse even the smaller toms so should I move then somewhere else or just leave them in greenhouse? They do seem fine at moment...My 12"tom plants have opened flowers so getting excited now. Question is should I leave them in greenhouse even throughout the night now? as most are getting really big and with the weather heating would you think there is a risk.

Comment

As long as the greenhouse is not very small, I'd say they'll be fine left out there 24/7 now, although its still wise to keep an eye on the weather forecast in case we get a late frost. Don't forget to check the roots on your plants to see if they need to go into bigger pots etc

Happy Gardening :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X