No announcement yet.

Compost or manure?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am waiting for Morrison's to start selling their compost, its the cheapest I have found and good enough for what I need, I always mix it with washed concrete sand, I note that ESBkevin has given good advice 're making your own feeding from weeds etc. which is handy as you will need to feed any plants growing in compost after about five weeks, if there is anywhere to collect seaweed near you that is a great additive for the garden, but no matter what you do, enjoy your gardening
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Thanks again for all the tips!

@bikermike
      Didn't realise chicken pellets and BFB would attract animals! Will keep that in mind. And thanks for the throw-sieved-sticks-in-big-pots idea. Sticks and stones are currently in a big pot.. perhaps.. if I throw it all in a bucket of water the stones would sink and I could scoop out the floating sticks..

@ESBKevin
      Making tea sounds interesting. But not sure how the neighbours and boyfriend would feel about the smell. I suppose I could open the tub in the dead of night, surely it would dissipate by morning Finding nettles, comfrey might be a challenge through.

@rary
      Collecting seaweed is on my list of things to do in the coming months. We're within driving distance of the coast, so there's got to be some somewhere.. and will keep an eye peeled in Morrisons for compost when I go hunting for pots.

Comment

One thing that you must do when growing plants whither bought or from seed grown under cover is harden your plants off, more people are put of gardening by purchasing plants from b&q etc. and planting them straight into their garden without hardening then off then they watch them die and think its a waste of time they will never be gardeners, take your time, don't rush to plant out harden off (acclimatise) your plants before putting them in the garden
        Last edited by rary; 19-03-2018, 04:19 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
          One thing that you must do when growing plants whither bought or from seed grown under cover is harden your plants off, more people are put of gardening by purchasing plants from b&q etc. and planting them straight into their garden without hardening then off then they watch them die and think its a waste of time they will never be gardeners, take your time, don't rush to plant out harden off (acclimatise) your plants before putting them in the garden
          Will do! so darned excited about all my little babies, I’ve been reading everything on the internet, making sure they’ll be ok

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X