No announcement yet.

Will the weather ever change....?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant believe I posted that, I hope you have a good sense of humour Lesley as I fear a good thrashing coming up. Appologies and grovelling in anticipation.

Comment

I bet she is so skinny that she will chuckle at that one!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh and by the way.... I have to say that I am glad it has rained for the past 4 days !!!!! as I have only just recovered from last weekend and will get the last bit of digging sorted over the weekend! The strawberry plants have arrived and will sort out the nematodes also. Spring has to be here!!!!! Have a fantastic weekend eveyone
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Piglet don't worry I have a great sense of humour but rubber?? I'd frighten the life out of you!!!!!
          [

Comment

As for the thrashing Pigletwillie, You wish !!!

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

L J frightening the life out of me in rubber, possibly, a thrashing, no no no, I shall pass on that one.

Swiftly getting back to the weather, what a wonderfull day here in Leicester. We were on the plot from 11am till 8pm and it was glorious. However the weather forcast gives rain for Sunday. Again.

Comment

The weather has changed. Not glorious summer but for the first time this year the green house opened itself. Learn to live with the seasons. It's not bad weather which causes depression. It's failure to plan for the seasons and adjust activities accordingly. Simplistic explanation and not the whole story but a significant factor. All biological. Read the research.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Please do quote the research - I feel a lack of sunlight physically, you're suggesting I've not planned for winter (in April?)?
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Alice
                    Spot on. Mother Nature is the ultimate boss - sure we can tweak things here and there in our gardens or on our plots, but in the bigger picture, we can't beat her, so we just have to learn to adopt and adapt, go with the flow and enjoy what we have. Things usually balance themselves out in the end - we don't get that many poor years. Most of our hardships are due to the negligence of humans - my favourite rants are against water authorities - if they fixed all their leaks, there wouldn't be anywhere near as many hosepipe bans etc.
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello SBP, no that's not what I'm suggesting. What I'm saying is that in an urban environment we tend to live the same way throughout the year and don't adjust our lifestyle or activities according to the seasons. This appears to have very serious consequences for health and welfare - everybody seems to know about SAD but do they know about other problems.There's a very big volume of research on this and if your seriously interested let me know and I'll let you have some references.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice I would agree that we need to live in tune with the year to gain health and welfare benefits. The year can be seen as a wheel that rotates each part of it different to the next. In an urban setting where we have disconnected from nature and try to live each day the same it becomes a bit like trying to over stretch an elastic band at times.
                        The year has a natural ebb and flow to it that we have to embrace rather than shy away from. Winter can be a wonderful time if you see it for what it actually is. I have tried to plant things in my garden that ring the changes every month so I have something to look forward to seeing. For me living in Cardiff, life is very sweet. All the seasons seem to change with equal rhythm.
                        For someone living in a more northerly latitude where the differences can last for longer and be more intense and extreme, I can fully understand the urge to see the back of winter and the coming of spring and the growing season.
                        Jax

Comment

Right thats it! Had enough of this sunshine lark, had to water my allotment twice now.....more cool days and some rain pleas. Thankyou!
                          Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

Geordie, I will willingly swap our drizzle and overcast weather for a blast of your sun.

Comment

Drizzle back here today after a few brief days of sunshine but I've just noticed our cherry tree is starting to blossom.
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sun ?

Stuck in the middle of a bad storm these last two days. Was only supposed to be a Force 8 yesterday, but it was gusting much much more. Brief respite today, but more tonight. Been torrential rain too. Will I ever be able to get a spade into this ground?
                                ~
                                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X