No announcement yet.

Vertical fence gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no experience of these things so I have no idea, sorry. I'd be inclined to sow seeds in trays and then plant out the stronger seedlings. What I do with my mustard green seeds is sow them in a tray and then when they're ready to plant out, just separate them in clusters and plant out. Given that you're unsure of how many seeds to sow per pocket, this would seem like the best thing to do as, when you have seedlings, you're in a better position to judge how many you need per pocket. Please post some pics when you're done; would love to see how it all turns out.

Comment

Actually, I'd probably do half and half... thinking about it. Sow some stuff direct and see how it goes...

Comment

Thanks again Yasai,

I've just placed my first order with moreveg.co.uk.
        I received a very informative email from Rachel today advising on how she would start off with these pockets, which has been a great help.

I've ordered 34 varieties to go into the pockets, and have been advised to buy some plants to start off with.

Yes I will start a new thread with pictures to document how the project goes.
        I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the help so far.
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rennie View Post
          Thanks again Yasai,

I've just placed my first order with moreveg.co.uk.
          I received a very informative email from Rachel today advising on how she would start off with these pockets, which has been a great help.

I've ordered 34 varieties to go into the pockets, and have been advised to buy some plants to start off with.

Yes I will start a new thread with pictures to document how the project goes.
          I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the help so far.
          Dave
          That's great, I'm glad you found what you wanted! Yeah, Rachel's really helpful. So what was her advice... to start everything off with seedlings?

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Yasai View Post
            That's great, I'm glad you found what you wanted! Yeah, Rachel's really helpful. So what was her advice... to start everything off with seedlings?

You're welcome
            Her advise was plentiful.

Bottom rows for trailing/tumbling alpine strawberries, toms, prostrate rosemary, (from plants) nasturtium from seed.

Add some herbs as plants.

And then lots of great info on varieties for what I'd mentioned I wanted to grow.

I bought 34 varieties of seeds last night.

I still haven't received the pockets yet, but if they don't arrive by Saturday I'll buy one if the IKEA shoe pocket things.

Determined to start this weekend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X