Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planting out runner beans... i'm taking a chance!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the South West, last night there was such a hard frost that lots of plants were severely frosted - including my walnut tree, several acers, even the ivy! My beans are still in the packet.

Where abouts are you?

Comment

iv'e sown 3 lotsthe first 2 went mushy because it was to cold in the green house ,sown the last lot and kept them on windowsill of spare bedroom ,came back from holls to find them up and getting leggy lol took them to the cooler (green house) today to start hardening off.atbDal

Comment

well they survived the night from the cold! wind is giving them a bit of a battering today created a bit of a wind barrier with some wood this morning to help them out a bit.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine. My first batch are out but got frosted the other day. Will be sowing more soon!
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I've gone a bit mad and just sown mine direct. I can always put some more in.

Comment

Mine are just poking through the seed trays and germinated nicely.. the next two weeks is frost free if you believe the weatherman and that takes us into middle of may so should be fine now **Fingers Crossed**

Comment

Maybe Im brave, my runners and dwarft french beans went out yesterday! I go on holiday Wednesday and figured they'd do better in the ground than potentially dying of thirst indoors or in the greenhouse. Will sow some more just in case.

Comment

Well its a week on and i must say they are climbing the canes at an alarming rate! maybe just one runt which hasn't taken off, might be replaced by one in the mini greenhouse well give it another week!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X