Spade

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
    I'm using a mix of old B&Q cheapies and some I found in my mum's shed after she passed away. I've been doing very heavy work with the B&Q cheapies and they're still going strong...

I do wish I hadn't lost my little 'spit' spade as I knew it then. Perfect for post holes and spud planting. The closest I've seen to it are 'rabbiting spades' but I'd have to order online and they're not cheap.
    Looks like your 'spit' spade is similar to my "trenching spade"... also known as a "drainage spade" or "drainer" by the looks of it. There's a few on eBay.

Comment

The drainage ones tend to have a bigger spade bit, sometimes have a squared off tip and are heavier. It's a subtle difference, but a real one.... the rabbiting ones are around 30/40 quid, which I twitch at, seeing as I don't really *need* it.

Comment

S&J Rabbiting ones on Amazon @ £25.26

Have a drainage one which was about £20. It's a lot heavier than my ordinary spades but the weight is useful for chopping into heavy soil and roots.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Ooooh. And that one's prime, too. Last time I looked I could only find ones with a chunk of postage to add on... thank you!

Comment

I dont use a spade that often as I prefer a fork, its ideal for sticking into the soil or grass to lean on when my wife comes out to see what I am doing, that way she thinks I am just having a rest, if she thinks I am busy I can rest all day
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X