Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn cultivation - is it too late?

Hello

I'm think of scarifying my back lawn for seeding before the ground gets too hard

Have I already missed the boat so to speak?

Aiming to get some bare patches re seeded following the felling of a large conifer tree.

Cheers

C

I would leave it until the spring now.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I had a bit of a go a couple of weeks back - nothing showing even this far south and very unlikely to get going now... So Spring it is I reckon.
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I also thinks it's a little late, we had our first frosts this morning.

Comment

I used to look after a cricket square. I procured some ryegrass that germinated in low temperatures. I wasn't a believer but gave it a go anyway. I kept checking to see if it had germinated and then we got a hard frost and I thought "No chance now".
          The next day after the hard frost I ventured on to the square and all the brown areas were green, it had germinated over night.
          I never used the seed again though because it was a short lived course annual ryegrass rather than a turf type perennial ryegrass.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X