Sowing seeds ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowing seeds ?

I am planning on amending my soil in my garden this autumn winter to make it better soil as it's full of grass and seeds struggle to break through, now next spring once I have a fresh layer of soil on top, do I sprinkle seeds onto the soil or do I have to bury them ?
    Bojack : One day, you’re gonna look around and you’re going to realize that everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world

Are you saying that you have grass growing up in the veg beds (dig up as much as you can, especially if it's couch grass ) or that you are making veg beds on top of grass/lawn (thick layer of cardboard down on top of the grass and new soil on that - no dig method )

Or do both.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
      Are you saying that you have grass growing up in the veg beds (dig up as much as you can, especially if it's couch grass ) or that you are making veg beds on top of grass/lawn (thick layer of cardboard down on top of the grass and new soil on that - no dig method )

Or do both.
      I am laying down cardboard onto my grass/lawn. Then putting compost ontop so I am wondering so I plant the seeds in the compost or just sprinkle them on to the soil, also, will the roots go through the cardboard ?
      Bojack : One day, you’re gonna look around and you’re going to realize that everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world

Comment

Can you not start the seeds in pots or trays. You can the plant through the cardboard.
        Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 01-11-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Think I'd do what Norfolkgrey suggests.
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X