Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Transport Shed help - Royston Herts, or Beds

Good morning all

I know this is a massive ask and probably cheeky but I'm desperate for my own little shed. There are two on eBay that are near me 1) is in Royston and 2) is in Bedfordshire. The Bedfordshire one is probably 5ftx7ft (Its a pent shed and I've asked for confirmation on the size), and the other is a 6ftx4ft shed in Royston.

Bidding ends this weekend on both of them but I can't find a van! HELP. I only want one shed but put both just in the slim chance that someone near me, or the sheds would have a van and be able to help for a fee.

Any advise for me? Local Van hire companies want a fortune. Can I get a 6ft x 4ft on a roof rack? I don't have a roof rack though but that would be easier to get.

Most people want fame, money and a crazy lifestyle....I just want a little old shed

Do you have help so you can flat pack it/them?
    Alternatively you might find a 'Man with a Van' being advertised locally?...depends on the size.
    Maybe someone nearby with a double horse box might be able to help?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Look for a 'man with a van' ad on your local Gumtree? I broke up a 6x6 shed and put the whole thing on my car's roof rack, but I did need a friend to help - and remember that 7' is the legal maximum width for loading a roofrack.
      He-Pep!

Comment

The roof rack is a good idea subject to weight and width restrictions. Two trips might get it done (with help to lift on/off and some good tie down straps).
        Also consider a trailer, someone with a trailer that you can strap the flat packed shed onto would get it done.
        Decent tie down straps are handy if you are not a natural boy scout!
        You can also get pallets on a roof rack. ;-)

Comment

The largest two sections would be the 6' x 6' sides and they would legally go on a roof rack as would the rest. Personally if your going to buy a rack I would go for a two bar ladder rack they have no lumpy bits so the panels will lay flat.

Having said that they would need to be very well secured other wise you end up with a kite and a mound of kindling.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thanks all I missed out on them in the end. Went for almost as much as a new one so I've decided to save my pennies and buy a new one next year and have it delivered. I think I live in an expensive shed area! The 6x4ft went for £130 and the 5ftx7ft went for £180!! I cheapest man with van was £50. I've found a brand new 5ft x 7ft for £215 with delivery and great reviews.

Comment

Keep an eye on Freecycle/Gumtree for a free shed. They're offered regularly round here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X