Little update

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's come along great .
    I'm still sowing radish and I'm about to have another crack at pak choi , mine bolted in heat that week way back
    Northern England.

Comment

The squash swing frame seems to be working! However the squash are tiiiiny - is there enough of the season left to get anything off these?
      Attached Files

Comment

(Please ignore the bolted lettuces)

Comment

Another little update. Ive learned a few things so far this year about what grows well, and what we will eat.

For instance, we definitely dont need the amount of lettuce that i planted!

Also, i need to rethink chard and kale because they bolted and i really wanted to grow them. Should I put them in a shadier spot next year?

I dont think i will bother with carrots and onions in the summer months, they were in for ages and didnt seem to give much back. Same for broad beans in terms of how much food we gathered for the space taken.

Potatoes in bags were fun but we didnt get much of a crop, i may try some in the ground for christmas.

Beans and courgettes are doing well, corn tomatoes and squash are coming on, but not ready yet.

I think i will concentrate on herbs and fruit bushes next year, ive got a "hump" which the tomatoes went on this year but it would make a great spot fpr fruit bushes, with strawberries on the slopes
          Attached Files
          Last edited by brumbird; 26-08-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X