No announcement yet.

Little update

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear i have no odea i have thrown the packet away now! Most likely a Wilko mixed leaf based on where i get my seeds. They are doing great i have even thinned out and put some in my petunia pot by the front door!

Comment

Looks great brum
      Northern England.

Comment

Right! I need some things from Wilko so I might as well order their salad leaf! Thanks, will give it a try, yours looks amazing! My salad leaf looks miserable. Very well done!

Comment

Might be worth starting to keep a record of what you're growing, if not the seed packets. That way you remember what grew well or that you liked and what didn't.

This is a bit of a do as a I say, not as I do kind of piece of advice. I have two carrot beds next to each other. One is doing well, the other less so. One has Cascade carrots in it, the other Sprint. Can I remember which is which? No. I'll probably end up trying both again next year, when I could have had two of the ones that did well.

Edited to add: I forgot to say how fantastic it's all looking. You must be dead pleased.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 12-06-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Ha! Yes i didnt expect anything to come up so am really chuffed with it! Got flowers on the broad beans, runners have started scrambling, thinned out the pak choi and put some in the little bed at the allotment. Which remind me i have done a bed with a stirfry theme, only a bit of.fun and not very much of any one thing but have sown mange tout, chard, spring onions and planted a courgette and 4 tomatoes in my little bed at the lottie.

Comment

These are my two beds on my friends plot - puttibg sprouts and broccoli in the big one and maybe something random round the edges to make it a bit prettier as i am going to have to net the brassicas. Any ideas for what grows well with brassicas?
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh and check out the sign my five year old made for her carrot patch!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi brumbird, can I put an order in for your daughter to make me one please ...!!??
                  It's all looking great, by the way!

I've had great results with lettuce, too - ones I have growing are lollo rossa, mild mixed salad leaves and other leaves (got it written down, somewhere....!) - not tried any 'hearting' types though as I prefer the cut 'n come again ones ...
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Ha she would probably make signs for everyone on the forum - kid loves painting

I havent tried what i call real lettuces but may do next year - soneone has them in the polytunnel at the site and they look so proper!

Comment

Everything looks fab! I love your daughters sign

Comment

Looks great, well done!
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

Some good looking veg plus I liked the carrot sign
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hey folks

Just keeping you updated on the patch Pak choi bolted so i took that out, and i didnt pick the radishes in time and they went kinda fluffy inside so ive pulled them out.

Everything else looks pretty good, ive got pods on the peas and broad beans, and flowers on the beans. Chard and kale are both filling out nicely. Ive too much lettuce but i am goin to start giving it to my family as its gone mad!

Ive also made a tomato island out of a hump of soil elsewhere in the garden (pics to follow) and it also has a couple of courgette plants in it. Broccoli has gone down to the allotment but i think its got diamond back caterpillars on it so may not be salvagable.

All in all i am really pleased with how its going
                            Attached Files

Comment

All looking good there Brumbird.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse