Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making water pipe cover - fixings? Rebar?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use rebar for pushing into the ground, it's really nice and solid. Can't say exactly what size it is but it's probably about 10mm diameter and cut to roughly 400mm lengths. Regarding the size of net, I bought from a 2.4m wide roll which is ample to cover a 1m wide bed (using blue water pipe hoops) and leaves plenty to hold down either side. It needs to be the length of your bed plus about 2.4m extra to allow for each end. E.g a 4 m x 1 m bed would require a piece of net 2.4 m x 6.4 m. Hope this helps
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
      Where I've cut the pipe I round the corners off - stops it snagging the net and makes it easier to push on and off.

They also slide up and down the supports so I don't have to keep taking off the net to weed, harvest etc.
      I will be pinching that one as well
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

What a brilliant idea Jay-ell,using some blue pipe spit as your clips.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I was originally going to use some of these screwed into the edging but haven't yet and it's been fine

Talon Copper Pipe Clips 22mm Pack of 10 | Pipe Clips | Screwfix.com

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
            I was originally going to use some of these screwed into the edging but haven't yet and it's been fine

Talon Copper Pipe Clips 22mm Pack of 10 | Pipe Clips | Screwfix.com
            They are what I used on my portable frames that are deep at the top and I screwed through the pipe at the bottom
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X