Poundland seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brumbird View Post
    Ive googled fleece and i dont think i understand. Do you make a tent out of it?
    Just put 4 canes in your bucket a foot or so above the plants, throw the fleece over the canes & tie round the bucket with string or elastic band.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Gardeners fleece, Brumbird, is sold in £land (and other places) its white papery stuff that you cover plants with to stop the insects in.
      Last year they did packs of two or three garderners fleece 'hoods' that you just pop over the top of a pot/bucket and tie with string.

For littlies though I would suggest parmex type carrots. They are round (like little orange golfballs) rather than long and they crop much quicker. They still need the fleece mind, and I suspect they'd grow best in buckets decorated with pretty stickers
      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Fleece. Canes. Pretty stickers. We can definitely do this

Comment

Remember not to use any manure when growing carrots or they may come out deformed. If you can, mix some sand in with your compost.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Ive had a few packs of nasturtiums from there and I think all germinated
            If you want to view paradise
            Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Remember not to use any manure when growing carrots or they may come out deformed. If you can, mix some sand in with your compost.

Alternatively add manure then giggle at the funny shapes - see if you can find one that looks like Elvis

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I was hoping to use ex playsand and topsoil in a potato sack - does this sound acceptable?

Comment

Not tried the £land seeds, but if you're looking for more cheap seeds of different varieties once you've got started then l1dl do some good varieties - things like yellow or purple beans, different colours of chard. Seeds start at 39p a packet and the variety of colours might help keep the kids interested.

Comment

Wish i had known about that! Thats a proper bargain. Dont think i should buy any more seeds they are going to be coming out my ears

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X