No announcement yet.

buying a propagator

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the clear plastic trays that supermarkets use for cakes, meat, fruit & veg etc. Some of them are like clamshells and you can put pots inside them, others will sit on top of a seedtray.
    Lots of packaging can be recycled into seed trays and pots.
    Plastic drinks bottles too.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 23-03-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Or if you want to go with some bling, cut your glass to the appropriate size and using silicone build a fish tank like structure to the correct size and place that over your seed tray. For picture framing it will only be 3mm I should think so you won't even have a lot of weight.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        Or if you want to go with some bling, cut your glass to the appropriate size and using silicone build a fish tank like structure to the correct size and place that over your seed tray. For picture framing it will only be 3mm I should think so you won't even have a lot of weight.
        I thought of that but didn't know how much hassle it would be, but on the other hand I have a spare fish tank out the back ! I keep tropical fish also

Comment

Use the spare fish tank as a propagator come grow lights.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That's what il do tomorrow once I'm home from work, bring a few good pallets home and build a few raised beds too

Comment

Originally posted by RossAllan View Post
              Originally posted by Kristen View Post
              That sounds like exactly the right descriptive term
              Hahaha I ment cheap
              That's hilarious! Well some sort of pleat in the bag will give it some rigidity. I guess the "edge" of mine, where they are packed flat, provides some rigidity, whereas the really thin ones off a roll would not support themselves - if that makes sense?

I'm using Zip-lock bags, although I'm not using the "lock" part at all as that is around the pot itself (secured with a rubber band), but if the whole pot would fit in the bag then a zip-lock bag, right way up, would probably provide enough rigidity.

elastic bag securing the bag (upside down) to the pot gives more headroom, inside the bag, for the pot (compared to if the whole pot had to sit within the bag).

Seems an inordinately complex explanation about a plastic bag - sorry!
              Last edited by Kristen; 24-03-2015, 08:08 AM.
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X