No announcement yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, welcome to the vine, enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

I am in agreement with VC and Bren.....also given the room you have I would question the harvest you will get from your peas. I would look at height as well, so maybe a wigwam of runners. As you have no doubt already deducted many gardeners, many thoughts.

have a great growing year whatever you choose

Comment

Hello and welcome.... And best of luck with your plans!
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Only thing to add is that strawberries are perennial plants and will crop for several years so you might want to think about where they will be least in the way. Apologies if you already knew this. Also I wouldn't bother growing strawberries from seed as they won't fruit for you this year.
        Welcome to the Vine. Perhaps you could add your location to your profile (it's in the "About Me" section) then any advice can be more specific to your local conditions.

Comment

Welcome Lawa.

Regarding your list - yep, go for it.

It's the staple lot for my crowd also - and despite the growing problems you can encounter due to weather, pests, etc. - they can be relatively easy to grow (at times).
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Thank you all for your kind replies!

I am based in Walsall Near Birmingham. The reason I have gone for raised planters in my ground has the most horrdous weeds known to man that you cant dig out and weed killer wont touch! So I have weed matted the area.

My strawberrys I am planning to plant in pots around the garden, my pea area is around 15feet long by 1 foot wide next to my garage. so planning on putting netting up the garage and allowing them to grow up their!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X