Growing in greenhouse in winter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post

Plants that prefer warm conditions such as tomatoes hardly grow below 15degC and 25degC is the best temperature for significant growth.
    True - but no one is suggesting trying to grow tender stuff, are they

Comment

After the amount of headspace gardening takes up during summer I'm often quite glad to take a break in winter. Plus my greenhouse is plastic and comes down in winter. HOWEVER this thread is making me wonder about growing stuff under cloches in the sunniest part of the garden i.e. in one of my square foot beds. Do you think that would work, winter greenhouse growers?
      My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
        After the amount of headspace gardening takes up during summer I'm often quite glad to take a break in winter. Plus my greenhouse is plastic and comes down in winter. HOWEVER this thread is making me wonder about growing stuff under cloches in the sunniest part of the garden i.e. in one of my square foot beds. Do you think that would work, winter greenhouse growers?
        I've done winter lettuce and lamb's lettuce under plastic cloches so definitely give it a go

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I leave my spare winter lettuce ( Arctic king and all year round) in a bed covered by a cloche all winter and I still get a fair crop from it, plus come spring it seems to put on a growth spurt.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I've got seeds for two winter lettuces, Reine des Glaces and Winter Marvel, so I shall give it a go this year!
            My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X