• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bill, much appreciated.
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Originally posted by mr tiler View Post
      Lol extra protection don't want them going bye bye lol....

Hi green leaves' where would you suggest I can get this amount of cardboard and what would I do tape all the boxes together? Cheers
      Supermarkets usually have loads

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Skips......cardboard from new kitchens is ace! Huge, non-glossy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raybon View Post
          Skips......cardboard from new kitchens is ace! Huge, non-glossy.
          Good "Idea" try Ikea".................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Also if there's any shoe shops near you try there. I work in one and take all the boxes the shoe boxes come in to the allotment

Comment

I get my cardboard from the local supermarket.

I drop by about 9pm on a Friday night and have a word with the night manager.

I ask for the cardboard sheets that come with the pallets of 2 litre pop bottles - they are about 3' square and I normally get about 10 -12 of them each time, which covers quite a large area.

They are always happy to get rid of them because they would only be compacted and thrown away otherwise - one less job for them to do, and they usually help me get them to the car too.

The only problem is that you have to pick them up before the day shift comes on around 7am, but I simply go straight down to the plot and get on with it if it is a nice morning.

I have occasionally been known to be on the plot by 5.30am, but that is usually too early even for me.

Andy
              http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

I would also suggest a supermarket, though all the cardboard waste is just compacted immediately in the ones I've done odd jobs in, so there's unlikely to be any just sitting around waiting to be collected . I'd recommend asking someone who's unpacking on the shop floor if you can have any boxes they've just emptied - it'll save them carting it back to the waste area. Or choose a quiet time in the evening.
                Last edited by Trix; 18-06-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

while I unloaded my pallet of tiles today I realised.... what do tiles come in, now I have a full pallets worth of 70x70cm boxes of tile lol that's at least a quarter of my plot covered lol

Comment

Do you have any bike shops near by such as Halfords etc. The boxes the bikes come in are huge and will cover a fair amount of your plot.

Comment

nah no bike shops nearby and im guessing they wouldn't have many boxes spare anyway as the boxes go out with the bikes they sell don't they?

Comment

Most bike shops put the bikes together and safety check them these days. People are so useless these days mechanically that they will take the bike to the shop for a puncture repair so no chance of actually assembling the whole bike

don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X