No announcement yet.

horsetail

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horsetail can be a mighty. Problem as it seems years to eradicate. I've heard of only two really good solutions on the radio. One Gardner said it off close to the ground, then give it a go bps soaking of a systemic weedkiller. Repeat for 7-10 years and you should be horsetail free by then. The other worldly. Wise gardener said "move". Sorry neither are really helpful, they are just what I remember from the whole programme. While I have been in hospital on and off for nearly years it has re-established itself in my borders.
    There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

To be honest although it's difficult to get rid of it isn't really that much of a problem. The roots are very deep so it doesn't compete for food and it doesn't wrap round things like bind weed and choke the living lights out of everything. Just pull it up when you see it and don't stress, there are bigger things in life (and gardening )

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I came across this in my herb book yesterday..yes..it can be used as a herb for many things. young shoots in salads.green stems cooked like asparagus ...fried in flour and butter? Effective against incontinence .reduces white spots in your nails .skin toner.its root system has been found down a cliffside going down 40ft!! (12m) let me kbow if you eant the fingernail recipe lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          To be honest although it's difficult to get rid of it isn't really that much of a problem. The roots are very deep so it doesn't compete for food and it doesn't wrap round things like bind weed and choke the living lights out of everything. Just pull it up when you see it and don't stress, there are bigger things in life (and gardening )
          That is very wise advice...
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X