No announcement yet.

Planning/Diary

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no expert, but like Bren I make a sketch of the veg patch. I put it in the back of the A4 kitchen diary I have each year, then sellotape in baking parchment and draw over the top what I'll do differently the following year. As Bren says, it helps with crop rotation. It also helps me look ahead to see how permanent things like fruit bushes and herbs will affect the layout of the whole patch.

In the day-to-day bit of the kitchen diary I note down what I've done each day in the garden, what I've sown and what I've harvested. If nothing else I can look back and congratulate myself on having worked so damn hard
    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

I keep a sketch of sorts too, but in an Excel spreadsheet, with one worksheet per year.

The large boxes are raised beds, split into rows. It's no better than a good filing system like Two Sheds uses, and certainly not ideal typing when you've got soil all over your hands, but it's just another option :-)
      Attached Files
      My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X