No announcement yet.

False Economy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I see from the link, yes a good idea. I'm thinking of completing my garden and then giving tours and talks, so something along the same lines. Thanks Two Sheds.
    Hey farmer farmer put away the D.D.T. Now give me spots on my apples but leave me the birds and the bees please!

Comment

And they have a Master Gardener scheme in Coventry Coventry & Warwickshire Master Gardeners |  Become a Master Gardener

None in Suffolk

Comment

Soylent Green would seem a strange handle as in the film its was made from dead humans.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Probably looked a bit like this BBC News - What does a stem cell burger taste like?

Comment

Exactly Potubsdustbins!
            With the way the world is going we could have Soylent Green being sold by Monsanto very soon! The forum name I've given myself just reminds me that I need to do my very best to provide good quality food for my family and friends , the alternative is just too grim to even think about.
            Hey farmer farmer put away the D.D.T. Now give me spots on my apples but leave me the birds and the bees please!

Comment

Hi Rusty Lady,
              I have contacted the Organic Centre that run the Master Gardener scheme, I got a recorded phone message so I sent them an email, hoping to get a reply soon. Thanks

Comment

That's one heck of a reminder SG. But you have a point.

Potty
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

It is frustrating that sort of thing. I try not to buy what I have growing, but my 4 yr old has such a tomato habit that I couldn't possibly deprive him when mine are refusing to ripen. I have an 11 yo too and they both love the veg patch and get very excited about seeing things growing and harvesting and eating them, so I really *really* hope that will carry on. I've got my first ever home brew wine blooping and burping in the kitchen and DD is inappropriately excited about that!

I got a load of old window panes recently, so I'm hoping to extend the growing season with some very make-do-and-mend cold frames.
                  Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

That sounds great Mrs Cordial,

I'm hoping to get some hops planted so that I can make my own beer from scratch in the next few years. I want to build my own green house but first I will have to raise my garden about 6 to 8 inches. A new housing estate has been built nearby and ever since the ground water hangs around for longer and covers two thirds of my garden So raised beds and raised paths and when I can afford it a raised green house

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X