Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Pots

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you had actually tried making paper pots out of old newspaper for your seedlings and growing them instead of original plastic ones and what kind of success you had with them. Especially concerned about watering them as the newspaper might fall apart?

Thanks for any advice

Craig

Doing it now so will let you know how it goes

Comment

I've use two different sized pot makers the first a wooden one was a prezzie then I made a smaller one after finding this website :-

$3 Newpaper Pot Maker | Simply Flagstaff

main difference is that I used 1.25 and 1.5 waste pipe with a wood bung in the end of the 1.25 piece instead of buying the PVC Dome Slip Cap.

I've not had a problem with the pots falling apart because stuff is usually in the ground by the time that happens.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I fold my own paper pots from broadsheet newspaper. After tests I now use two ply to start, this stops it falling apart before planting on. I now use modules to sow in, transfer to paper pots, then put the paper pots in the ground when it's time. A thing to note is that the pots do have a habit of building up mildew on the outside, so do be careful with what you put in.

This is the technique i use. Tried others but these seem to hold up the best.

How to Make Origami Newspaper Seedling Pots | For Greenies

-Samuel
        (also, first post, Hi everyone!)

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Samuel
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have made paper pots of different sizes and all worked quite well. They do breakdown, which is one of the advantages, you can plant direct into the ground. Not had a problem with them falling apart to early. Fill a seed tray with them for support and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigw02 View Post
              I was just wondering if any of you had actually tried making paper pots
              Oh yes:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ots_70682.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ots_55836.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ots_31058.html
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys for all your helpful comments as usual. Think I will give this a go and see how I get on, some very handy information passed on.

Cheers

Craig

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X