My first seedlings have appeared...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first seedlings have appeared...

a few questions from a complete beginner (though I've done lots of reading):

I have three (from seed) tomato plants in pots;

one seems to be growing well
    one is growing taller but the leaves don't seem to be growing
    one was growing fine but an end leaf went limp for an unknown reason, I removed the leaf - will the plant be ok?

Also

I am attempting to grow basil, the two original leaves went brown so I removed them, now there's just two really small leaves on it. The stalk is growing upwards but there seems to be no leaf growth at all. Is it the symptom of a weak plant - I didn't even know about thinning out at the time I planted but this one did look ok when I removed it from the crowded small pot.

One thing I don't get is how do I know how many herb plants go in one pot? I have some chives doing ok there's a few in a 4 inch or so pot - should each one be in an individual pot or can I grow a few in one pot?

Same goes for rocket, seedlings are a few cm high at the moment, there's about six in a 7 inch pot - can they be left or should it be one per pot?

Thanks

Your toms sound fine Dan. They can be quite variable. I don't think basil really likes transplanting. I usually sow a pinch in a pot and leave the plants together. Also with rocket. I tend to sow most salad leaves close together and then snip off what I want. The plants will re-sprout - often several times.

Welcome to the grapevine by the way. They are a really helpful lot here. Enjoy your plants.

Flum
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X