Am I too late....?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I too late....?

to plant tomatoes and other stuff e.g beans.

I always do things at the last minute. Fool that I am.

Beans will certainly be fine. I also think your toms would catch up if you sow now.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Do you mean sow seeds or plant out plants? Either way it's not too late, things sown or planted really early seldom make fast growth, whereas if you do it now, growth should be fairly quick - Good luck. Beans you can certainly sow out of doors from May to early July. Won't get an early crop but will crop for longer.

Comment

If I could just jump on the bandwagon; my parsnip seeds (direct sown) haven't done anything - am I too late to try the kitchen paper germination technique?

Comment

Wouldnt have thought so Waffler, we've some germinating on kitchen paper atm, to join those that we previously germinated and planted into toilet roll inners that are now growing away nicely on the plot! Its our hopes that we can get another 30 each of 2 varieties germinated and planted out to join those that are already growing and have some good successional crops!

And anyway, I'm sure you can plant Parsnips until June for winter cropping, so bags of time yet!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Given that this April has been exceptionall hot, we up here in the normally frozen North are ahead of ourselves by about a fortnight at least. We regularly find ourselves sowing at this time of year, so I wouldn't have thought you should have any problems. I put another 350 tomato seeds in my propagator just yesterday. Still have loads to sow for myself as most of what I have sown and grown on already is for local Garden Centre.
            As previously mentioned, plants will catch up all by themselves, or crop a bit later but for longer etc.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

You can plant now DoestheCooking. I haven't planted my beans yet. With beans - late is good. Parsnips will be fine. Courgettes and squash will be fine. As will carrots, beetroot, pak choi, lettuce, spring onions, chard, radish, the list is endless. Get planting and enjoy your cooking.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X