Talking C**p

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Well done Andy, 5' seems a tad wide for a raised bed, can you reach the middle?
    Hi BigM

Yes, I am over 6 foot tall as is my son, so reaching 2' 6" is no problem for us. We both have quite long arms

The size of the beds has basically been decided by the wood we are getting for the beds - it is nominally 7' long, but after squaring up we will be looking at roughly 5' usable lengths.

Andy
    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
      Hi BigM

Yes, I am over 6 foot tall as is my son, so reaching 2' 6" is no problem for us. We both have quite long arms

The size of the beds has basically been decided by the wood we are getting for the beds - it is nominally 7' long, but after squaring up we will be looking at roughly 5' usable lengths.

Andy
      Well after all the hard graft you are doing, save yourself a couple of cuts & make them 7'x5'........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well after all the hard graft you are doing, save yourself a couple of cuts & make them 7'x5'........
        That is an option, but my stepdad thinks that after they have been squared off we may lose quite a bit off each end, hence the plan for 5'x5'.

7'x5' would be just as good, if we can do it.

Andy
        http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
          That is an option, but my stepdad thinks that after they have been squared off we may lose quite a bit off each end, hence the plan for 5'x5'.

7'x5' would be just as good, if we can do it.

Andy
          By 'eck Andy, that's some squaring off.........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

By 'eck Andy, that's some squaring off.........
            Yes, I know, but my step dad used to be a builder, so he thinks that makes him an expert on everything, even (or especially) when he knows absolutely nothing about the topic

Andy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X