No announcement yet.

Nasturtium challenged

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm usually ok with nasties, but this year only three plants have survived from a whole tray of seeds sown in April and there's only one flower out of those. I think it's the weather. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Lots to think about here. This year I sowed direct at the start of June but have only had about four come up. Probably is the nonstop rain we've had. I think I'll try starting some more, in pots this time, because the weather shows no signs of improving.
      March is the new winter.

Comment

they probably all germinated, but the slugs/snails ate em before you had chance to see them

Comment

Thats the one thing Ive had no trouble with this year! I sowed some in pots on a window and direct sowed others later in the year (in tubs, dry gravel bed and good soil bed) and they all came up and proceeded to do Triffid impersonations!!
          Ive had to prune alot of them back coz they were completely taking over. I also have an underbed storage box which is over flowing with flowering nasturtiums (I pulled them up from my brassica bed coz they were too big and dumped them in the box which had rotten garlic in it!).
          So mine really do thrive on neglect!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X