No announcement yet.

Whats doing well?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tayberries are doing well and the raspberries and blackberries are loving the rain. Strawberries too have been fruiting up nicely (though will taste foul at this rate with no sun to sweeten them).

Tomatoes are ok ish but I am letting side shoots grow as the up growth has been so poor in the hope of them flowering and to give them more chances vs stem snapping winds. Beans are naff, all types very slow, and my achocha is a favourite of the slugs, who seem to have aken the nematodes as an invitation to dine rather than keeling over in slimey little piles. Everything else, as it does indeed seem like April, is a good two months behind.

Oh, and an edible honeysuckle hasn't established and seems to be moulding, but that could just be the plant...

Comment

My waterlily seems to be doing well...
      March is the new winter.

Comment

Strawberries are looking good, however i grew onion and spring onion from seed (first timer) and dont think these this will grow into anything ever lol Tomatoes are finally showing the first signs of flowers so fingers crossed and have carrots that look like theyre doing ok (too scared to pull one up and find out) Will agree with the others comments that weather has been rubbish (im in the North East), Lawn however is doing amazing and as for the snails im thinking of selling to the French!!!!

Comment

Just been picking some lovely broadies - and they haven't all flopped over which is a miracle!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Gooseberries - crop is huge this year, raspberries also in abundance, sweetcorn are looking good as is the garlic, potatoes and runner beans. Chillies in the GH seem to have come to a standstill, they're well established plants but don't want to play in this weather.
            "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pond Irises, waterlilies, WEEDS!, hollyhocks, snapdragons, lavender, rosemary, SOME lettuces, roses, pinks, violas, fuschias, onions, havent checked on poatatoes yet...

Comment

broad beans, onions, potatoes. Minipop sweetcorn doing brilliantly,and courgettes, toms and peas.
                french beans all been eaten. (#hateslugswithpassion.com )
                some warmth would be perfect timing to bring it all on........
                passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X