cucumber help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gazz666 View Post
    she seems to be holding her own. unfortunately her sibblings died but i think thats because i put them on the balcony where it was to windy for them.
    This is interesting! Gazz's cucumber is an unnamed female - all the other named cucumbers have been male. Would make a good topic for a dissertation

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      This is interesting! Gazz's cucumber is an unnamed female - all the other named cucumbers have been male. Would make a good topic for a dissertation
      mmm yes you are right, lots of variables.... ironically, Colin only produces female fruit/flowers. Have I called him Colin because there is a subliminal sense of strength in the male name. If I called my cucumber Katy, would she have died..... just finished a dissertation for my professional degree .... this would be more interesting I think :0
      passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

Originally posted by gardenpassion View Post
        ironically, Colin only produces female fruit/flowers. Have I called him Colin because there is a subliminal sense of strength in the male name.
        Just wait until Potty Colin reads this - "a subliminal sense of strength"........ we'll never hear the last of it
        Why don't you do a dissertation on this topic? It would be original thought - not like the one that Nicos has posted about pot bound plants not thriving

Comment

Originally posted by gardenpassion View Post
          Have I called him Colin because there is a subliminal sense of strength in the male name. If I called my cucumber Katy, would she have died..... just finished a dissertation for my professional degree ....
          wow, thats a much more sensible, grown up reason then mine...I just assumed that coz they grow dangly things when they grow up all cucumber plants were boys!!LOL

Comment

Me I just blush, rushing of now to get my dictionary and find out what the words mean.

Colin aka Potty picked me second cumber today. Must be me Subliminal whatsits.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Wow, Potty, You've got two?

Comment

Only little one's VC only little. I grow Baribal a mini cumber but it does tend to be earlier than some.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I'm growing Minimunch and its so Mini I have no proof that its a cukey yet

Comment

Funnily enough I didn't get on with them either. I changed to Baribal about 4 years ago and have stayed with them ever since, early, prolific and disease resistant, they just tick all my boxes.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I'm only growing Minimunch because the seeds were 50p in the seed sell -off last winter!
                      I'll look out for Baribal next winter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X