Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying plants (new house)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirea? I think Choiysa smells like basil!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      To be honest, I either have or have had all of those plants so it wasn't too difficult!
      I would keep 3 & 4 because they are evergreen and smell good but you may be able to prune them back if they're too big - or prune out the lower branches and plant bulbs underneath them.
      no 5 will be beautiful when its in flower but can look a bit straggly. Its best growing through something else or on a trellis
      No 1 is insignificant in the great scheme of things but is good ground cover on a rockery or you could plant small bulbs like snowdrops or crocuses within it.
      Keep an eye on no 2. if may be just one of other shoots nearby. Its very pretty and bright and I like it but it can be a bit straggly too - tends to flop over when it gets taller - 6-7'.
      Just re-read some of this, your ideas for planting bulbs under the choisya and within the sedum are good, thank you! And would allow for both keeping the shrubs and planting the flowers I had planned

Comment

I agree with the spirea id on your most recent picture. My advice would be give the garden a year before you start changing it and adding your own ideas. It looks like it was put together by some knowledgeable gardeners and it would be a shame to get rid of things that do well and you end up liking anyway.
        Keep notes on what is growing where and when it looks at its best - then have a go at changing the less successful areas next autumn. In the meantime why not try pots of things you like - these can be positioned later if you find the perfect spot!
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I would go with Spirea too for the latest pic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X