No announcement yet.

so far? depressing!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont give up you've heard the saying try try and try again it was made for gardeners you get dissapointments my cabbage and cauli seedlings were going great guns till i went away for the weekend and my daughters boy freind bless him waterd them on the sat and the sun now they are drowned my fault i suppose when i went on holiday last year i moaned like mad when i came home and all 12 hanging baskets were dead they had been waterd once keep trying !!!

Comment

Do you have any allotments within walking distance? If so I bet with the right approach, you could come away with more strawberry runners than you know what to do with and more.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Kentishgal - if you put your location on your profile so that it shows up in the top right corner (where mine says Sunny South Wales) you may find that there are people on here who live nearby who would be able to offer you some plants or cuttings. Gardeners are a generous helpful lot - with the odd exception!!

Comment

Last year was my first year. All i managed to grow was tomatoes, everthing else dies when the greenhouse blew over or drowned in the big rains (I made the mistake of trying to grow them in planters)I hope you do get some stuff growing

Comment

Originally posted by Peas'n'Kews View Post
            So far I have completely failed to get spring onions to germinate
            I used to struggle with them too: then I started sowing into modules and transplanting the seedlings (thanks Zazen: 100% success now)

Originally posted by kentishgal View Post
            Sadly I dont drive
            I didn't, for 40 years: I cycled. You can cover a mile in 5 mins on a bike, even at a slow stately pace

Originally posted by vanessa m View Post
            All i managed to grow was tomatoes
            Well, they're not easy, so well done you
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I never used to get spring onions ready for my plate when the other salad stuff was available. Then I took the advice from the Grapevine a couple of years ago and like TS says, I started them in modules (or in my case - old yoghurt pots) in the Greenhouse, around Feb and I have just started transferring them to the outdoor salad bed which is covered with heavy duty fleece. They are already 2-3" high so it has given me a head start and they are easy to transfer as a clump. I did it like this last year and was able to harvest decent sized spring onions at the right time. i have also done my beetroot and mixed lettuce like this.

Comment

Newton, unfortunately it's a 50 mile round trip so it wouldn't be worth it but thanks anyway. Sounds like a great way to get the community together to plant their own food too

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                Choccy - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nts_64020.html

Spend a while helping out the Dobbys and you will probably walk away with as many rasps and straws as you can cope with...
                I've just had a nosey at that & I shall seriously consider it. Thanks
                Choccy

My favourite animal is steak...

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X