No announcement yet.

Health Warning !!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the p**s taken out of me daily at work, when I'm caught on these forums, or looking at veg/pictures of veg/allotments/gardens/plans etc

Comment

Wait until you have to go away, or a weekend/week holiday is suggested & you DON'T WANT TO GO! all because of your babys (veg/flowers) at home, who will look after them? if you have someone will they do as a good job as you? That is when you question your sanity over this gardening lark!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
        I get the p**s taken out of me daily at work, when I'm caught on these forums, or looking at veg/pictures of veg/allotments/gardens/plans etc
        I used to.... and now people all over campus know that I have chickens and a veg patch and I get random emails asking me stuff

Comment

Work v Gardening

Originally posted by Claire72 View Post
          My day job (being a teacher) is becoming an inconvenience!Living for the weekends.
          Do as I do then, work on gardens with the kids and set them the research task to find out what to plant where! Then you can garden all day at your job, then do more when you get home!!!
          I keep threatening to take my pupils home with me as a punishment to dig my garden lol![/QUOTE]

Ha Ha

Im the same , I work in IT and when no ones looking i work on my up and coming website to document my new allotment and tweaking my garden layout in Visio for optimum efficiency...

Comment

You are all doomed so as soon as the seeds are all set you best get reading This section & get some sort of plan going for using all the produce that will be appearing in the coming months
            then maybe join in a new obsession ..... chutney making
            Last edited by bearded bloke; 15-03-2011, 01:11 PM. Reason: typo
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I just counted my seed packets - 52 packets!! At least two thirds of them I've bought this year.

It would be so bad if I at least had the space for them all

I hope to produce lots of seedlings anyway, and give away to friends and family when they're big enough.
              Gayle

Container gardening this year, bring on the Spring!

Comment

trouble is not only do i collect seeds and try to grow too much of everything and spend time on this forum etc but i also like sewing and have boxes of pieces of material and ribbons and things (my stash) so wherever i'm out anywhere i look for seeds, plants and material and ribbons and embroidery stuff.........
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I feel so much better after reading this thread I thought it was just me becoming obsessed, started last year with a 6x8 green house and now I want to take over every square inch of the garden. Only problem I have is a dog two rabbits and his shed are in my way !

Comment

My obsession this time of year is digging! I just love getting out there and prepping the beds ready for sowing.. I`m just a big kid really, playing in the dirt

Comment

I must say that i did smile reading all the posts! 16th April was my first step when i planted my raddishes and spring onions! i felt so proud!
                      yes - my work mate try to change the subject when i tell them what i have planted now - but i do get their plastic water cups now for my seedlings. yes i do go into wilkos and lidls in my lunch hour every day (noticed they have bits half price now).
                      Everynight when i come home from work i say hi to dog and they husband and then check out my raised beds, and mini greenhouse and see if anything has grown more lol.
                      so gald i am not on my own....
                      God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

http://twitter.com/#!/louisebriggs2
                      http://facebook.com/louise.briggs2
                      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/briggsy2011/

Comment

Every time I buy a new packet of seeds or compost I say " this is the last one"
                        When flowers appear on beans/tomatoes/strawbs I check them every hour just in case they've suddenly developed fruit.
                        I can watch an hours worth of YouTube videos of people harvesting potato sacks.
                        If I see greenfly on anything I panic.
                        Of something isnt growing fast enough for my
                        Liking, I feel the urge to plant something 'reliable' like beans.
                        I chase bees around the garden with pots of flowering tomatoes.
                        If I see a plant in the sale in wilkinsons I feel guilty if I don't 'rescue' it.
                        I don't want to think about what happens to the ones that don't get sold.
                        I take pots that haven't even germinated yet to dinner parties instead of wine.
                        Visit my blog if you dare! www.gardenofheathen.wordpress.com

Comment

i must also confess...i too am an addicted newbie, the seed catalogue is my latest fix! and i have a growing obsession about slugs and snails. However i was very proud of myself today when three of my rocket seedlings/plants where given to family and friends, they were shocked at how well we had done in such a short space of time, and i cannot wait now to bring 'gifts' next time we visit. As it goes, I'm sure there must be something said about such a healthy and worthwhile obsession? xx
                          http://seedsshootsandleaves.blogspot.com/
                          Please take a look, its my first ever attempt at blogging - aswell as GYO!

Comment

Originally posted by Hanna View Post
                            i must also confess...i too am an addicted newbie, the seed catalogue is my latest fix! and i have a growing obsession about slugs and snails. However i was very proud of myself today when three of my rocket seedlings/plants where given to family and friends, they were shocked at how well we had done in such a short space of time, and i cannot wait now to bring 'gifts' next time we visit. As it goes, I'm sure there must be something said about such a healthy and worthwhile obsession? xx
                            I've started dreaming of slugs munching newly formed shoots of greenery ....

Comment

Originally posted by Chitfaced View Post
                              Every time I buy a new packet of seeds or compost I say " this is the last one"
                              When flowers appear on beans/tomatoes/strawbs I check them every hour just in case they've suddenly developed fruit.
                              I can watch an hours worth of YouTube videos of people harvesting potato sacks.
                              If I see greenfly on anything I panic.
                              Of something isnt growing fast enough for my
                              Liking, I feel the urge to plant something 'reliable' like beans.
                              I chase bees around the garden with pots of flowering tomatoes.
                              If I see a plant in the sale in wilkinsons I feel guilty if I don't 'rescue' it.
                              I don't want to think about what happens to the ones that don't get sold.
                              I take pots that haven't even germinated yet to dinner parties instead of wine.

ahaha this is me all over! I started with one chilli plant and now have a tribe of mixed veg. Went to the garden centre yesterday for JUST ONE bag of compost and ended up with a courgette, an eggplant, a pumpkin, basil, 5 new types of nasturtium seeds, rhubarb...I am properly addicted.

As for the plants in Wilkinson - I literally had to walk through the one in Epsom while averting my eyes and with my hands up like Clyesdale blinkers because there were sooo many wilting plants reduced to pennies. I swear they were all chanting 'SAVE ME, SAVE ME!!' Poor little things.

Comment

is it normal to get overly excited because i have just ordered my new greehouse? but now thinking about getting a shed........next thing is get my allotment but might have to wait up to 3 years, but the bottom of my garden is slowly been taken over by 2 raised beds and containers. But i have to work to pay for it all but want to be in my garden.
                                its all i think about now......
                                God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

http://twitter.com/#!/louisebriggs2
                                http://facebook.com/louise.briggs2
                                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/briggsy2011/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X