No announcement yet.

Eurgh Gross...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your used teabags and put in a sealed jar or box and soak in jayes fluid - spread these around your garden or plot - the smell deters cats. It does work... I use them in my front garden BUT you must remember to replace them every month or two otherwise the deterrent effect wears off and the cats are back (I need to put "fresh" teabags out asap).

You may find just putting the soaked teabags around the perimeter of your garden is enough to keep the cats out - just have to experiment!

Comment

I like the sound of the soaked tea bags. My worst problems are with my neighbours cats who come over the fence to use my garden. Neighbour thinks this is entirely reasonable because that's the easiest way for them to get out of their own garden! I'm going to pin soaked tea bags along the top of the fence - they'll look fantastic from her neat side, I won't be able to see them through the jungles that are my borders! Off to put the kettle on and start my collection!
      Last edited by Comfreyfan; 10-01-2011, 09:17 PM.
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I've also used tea bags soaked in ***** fluid. A few drops of Olobas oil or citronella oil also works.
        History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

ooh ill start saving the tea bags up, gunna get out there at weekend and start cat proofing!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyRose View Post
            ooh ill start saving the tea bags up, gunna get out there at weekend and start cat proofing!
            Ok, my tea bag saving attempts were rubbish, I only have one cup a day, but I went to the local B&M store and bought 100 for 79p so im going to get soaking today in hope of a cat poo free garden.

Wish me luck! I'll let you all know the results in a couple of weeks!

Amy x

Comment

I so wish I hadn't opened this thread

Originally posted by AmyRose View Post
              If it was a dog it would be fined!
              And how many dog owners do not pick up poo? Many that I see

Originally posted by Scunny Zeb View Post
              ..... because cats are the ideal pet for lazy selfish people ...
              Trollicks and then some

I am NOT selfish and and I am NOT lazy!!

Originally posted by rana View Post
              .... That means it is entirely within it's 'animal' rights to poo in your garden (and maim or kill any native wildlife it wishes to)
              Mine poo in my garden, I know because I see them and I clear it up.

Of course, I have no idea if they go elsewhere and poo but there is only so much poo in any cat - despite what you cat-dislikers may feel!
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

as for the suggestion to keep your own cat so it deters other cats from going into your garden, I'm allergic to cats and dogs.

We have a few holly bushes so when I trim those or when I'm trimming the rose bushes I cover the ground where they are. Also seems to stop the squirrels a little bit.

Comment

My neighbour confidently tells me her cat ONLY uses the litter tray and denies it's her precious pet fouling my garden. But I've seen it happily using my asparagus bed. If I see it I can clear up quickly but I've found newly emerging spears growing through a deposit - it's utterly disgusting and is something I can get really worked up about
                  Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                  So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X