No announcement yet.

Chillis

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolivian Rainbow are upright, and I'd say slightly larger than razzamatazz - they also have a really nice fruity taste. I don't have any seeds left, but if you ask on the seed swap forum I'm sure someone will?

This was my largest plant, which was probably a foot tall, the fruit start out purple with a yellow tinge near the bottom/top (where flower was), going a full colour change through to red. Really striking plants.

Those are all purple when I took them, but I have some drying now on my windowsil - not sure if they would have crossed, hence why I've said I've no seeds left... but they're for eating though anyway. When purple, they still have a bite, but the fruity taste is really nice. When red, they are reasonably hot - I guess on a par with apache.

Comment

I am excited about trying chillis for the first time this year. I have some seeds donated but lovely seed swappers to get me started. I feel (another) obsession coming on

Comment

toms and chillies are by far my favourite things to grow.theres so many to choose from.its going to be my first year with an allotment and have just bought a small poly tunnel for up there so i can grow a lot more this year!
        my favs are still jalepeno and scotch bonnet though.
        "if im not up the allotment...im up the caravan"

bowers allotment society

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmead View Post
          purple tiger, numex twilight, bulgarian carrot, etna and aurora would be a few varieties to try on a windowsill, i think all are pretty compact except the bulgarian carrot (not sure how tall they get)
          Cool more chillies to look at

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Whatever you grow, chillies need a constant temp of about 18c to do well, and even warmer to ripen
          Thanks TS warm windowsill or me GH then.

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
          Bolivian Rainbow are upright, and I'd say slightly larger than razzamatazz - they also have a really nice fruity taste. I don't have any seeds left, but if you ask on the seed swap forum I'm sure someone will?

This was my largest plant, which was probably a foot tall, the fruit start out purple with a yellow tinge near the bottom/top (where flower was), going a full colour change through to red. Really striking plants.

Those are all purple when I took them, but I have some drying now on my windowsil - not sure if they would have crossed, hence why I've said I've no seeds left... but they're for eating though anyway. When purple, they still have a bite, but the fruity taste is really nice. When red, they are reasonably hot - I guess on a par with apache.
          They sound really good one's Chris thanks for the info I'll have to get on the chilli thread with cap in hand lol

Originally posted by grenhouse View Post
          Chilli plants and tomatoes are the most addictive plants to grow I find. Like brad1001 says, I always buy lots of different varieties and end up growing loads!
          Had great crops from the cayenne and jalapeno last year. When you get too many (which you will!) blitz them up and put them into ice cube trays, then when cooking pop them out into the pan, no chopping required!This was a handy hint given to me last year, ensures that non get binned!Steve
          Great tip thanks I'll note that down.
          Chris

My Allotment Journal @
          Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
          -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Originally posted by Caro View Post
            Hi Currysniffa

Razzamatazz has very pretty, upright growing fruits and you can have green, red, purple, orange etc all on the plant at the one time.

So it's very decorative and compact. The fruits are smaller and a bit hotter than jalapeno, but perfect for cooking (just not for stuffing with cream cheese and frying )

If you want to pm me with your address I can send you a few seeds.
            Came 10 mins ago \o/ and they will be in the proagator in 10 mins Thanks again Coro!
            Chris

My Allotment Journal @
            Google+ and Youtube

-

Comment

Originally posted by Currysniffa View Post
              Came 10 mins ago \o/ and they will be in the proagator in 10 mins Thanks again Coro!
              Oh I am dense, I just worked out your \o/ symbol!

Hope they do well for you.
              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Originally posted by Caro View Post
                Oh I am dense, I just worked out your \o/ symbol!

Hope they do well for you.

\o/ = Hooray (arms in the air )
                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                Google+ and Youtube

-

Comment

Originally posted by Jono View Post
                  Hi Chris.

Bloke at work grows Scotch Bonnet on the window sill across the office. He gives me some from time to time, and they're excellent. The plant was still producing before the Christmas break too.

I love the idea of this. I might start growing some at work too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X