Large raised bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I took it as... 50cm deep or high *(same thing from what I see).
    I was wondering if he wanted the soil to be 50cm deep, or if he wanted the sides of the bed to be 50cm high.

If he just wants 50cm of soil, I would have suggested digging down into the existing soil & building lower sides.

However, if he is in a wheelchair, say, then 50cm high beds would make more sense.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      I was wondering if he wanted the soil to be 50cm deep, or if he wanted the sides of the bed to be 50cm high.

If he just wants 50cm of soil, I would have suggested digging down into the existing soil & building lower sides.

However, if he is in a wheelchair, say, then 50cm high beds would make more sense.
      I see your point, could always sart the botom 20cm or so off as a compost heap....... looking back, it may be a wasted conversation as OP only posts once every 2 years........
      Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-06-2010, 08:27 AM.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi, I made lots of raised beds for my plot from old scaffold boards. Couldn't get any for ages and then tried ebay. There are lots listed, new and secondhand, sure there will be someone in your part of the country. Delivery can be a problem as a lot of them say pickup only, but if you are buying a big enough quantity they may deliver for an added charge, never any harm in asking. I found they work out much cheaper than buying new wood from a building supplies. good luck.

Comment

raised beds

Hi My husband made raised bed out of decking planks. It worked out quite cheap from our local b&q.
          Evie b

Comment

I used decking, as i wanted it to look a certain way and have painted it up all pretty.It had to fit in with the garden so him indoors wouldn't moan about it. i have 2 large ones and they are laid out in an L shape . i'm a feet and inches person still tho, so 8x4x16" deep , got some free top soil from a friend who worked at a nice supply place so didn't cost much to fill . Even him indoors is impressed at how nice they look .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X