No announcement yet.

Shredded paper for compost?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a layer of shredded paper in the bottom of my potato trenches last year and event thought it was a dry year I had the best pots I ever had.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      I put a layer of shredded paper in the bottom of my potato trenches last year and event thought it was a dry year I had the best pots I ever had.
      Thanks NOG might give it a try (done it with the bean trench)
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Wondering if is there any new study about a toxins in the ink.Regarding shredded paper.

Comment

I can't answer your question Atta but thanks for reviving this thread, I've just liked a post from 2007. The poster last posted in 2014 so probably won't see the post and the humour in it being appreciated.

Comment

Yea old thread
            Just did some search and internet says generally ink is nowadays comparable to washing up liquid, so no harm.Apart from glossy magazines.

Comment

I've just spread three bin bags of shredded paper on my allotment, and like you, I couldn't find any research on the ink being harmful. So let's hope it's ok!
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                I've just spread three bin bags of shredded paper on my allotment, and like you, I couldn't find any research on the ink being harmful. So let's hope it's ok!
                I think it was many years ago when ink was made of sth different.(petrol based)
                My aunt uses newspaper do dry out oil from deep fried food

Comment

I'd be careful putting too much shredded paper in. The one time I did, we had a rat. Clearly correlation does not prove causation, but I suspect putting too much in dry creates a good nest space.

Also, be careful of cross-cut shredders, I shredded a bunch of brown packing paper of late, and got it wet in a bucket. Getting all the sodding little soggy bits out of the bucket was a nightmare

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X